SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelntx_gw

I should have saved my energy!

kelntx
16 years ago

I guess instead of worrying about people walking through the house I should have saved it for the call I just got! LOL! The local electric company called me and left a not so great message. We had the electric company come out awhile back to get the hole dug and the pole dropped, etc etc. Of course when we first talked to them 3 months ago they were all, "Oh yes, when you are about 3-4 weeks out from needing your electricity just give us a call. Our turn around time is GREAT!" When they met us out at the property two months ago the engineer told us it would be about 6-8 weeks but he thougth closer to 6 weeks. I could deal with that, was not happy to hear it since I was told how fast they were but what can you do. Well it has been a month or so, the hole was dug about 3 weeks ago and they told me the other crew should be about 2 weeks out from when the hole was dug to drop the pole. I was just told it would be another 4 weeks or so to get the pole dropped and THEN another crew has to come out and hook it up. I about fell over! I think they messed up big time on this. I called yesterday to find out when they had it planned to come out there and the guy could not find the work order. My stomach got that feeling. I am sure y'all know the feeling I am talking about. Then when he said let me look into "some things" and call you back.....that feeling got worse! LOL! I didn't even call the guy back this morning. I called our GC and he was, well lets just say he was not happy at all. Told me he would call and find out why this is taking so long. He said he has never had to wait this long before. I really think they never even had us down to have the pole dropped. When I called last week they told me it was not on the schedule yet and I asked why. She told me she was not sure and that it should be on "any day now". Yeah, it was not on the schedule because there was no work order for it! *sigh* First the rain and now this, I think this is the first time since this all began that I feel like crying. I just got back from a 40 mile round trip drive taking DD to school and the thought of doing it for another 4 months....argh, I don't even want to go there! LOL!

Ok, first major bump. Breath in....breath out. I think I will go for walk!

Thanks for letting me share!

Comments (30)