SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squidy_gw

What things should I try, to save my tiny H. Callistophylla??

squidy
12 years ago

I have a tiny H. Callistophylla plant. It only has one leaf. It is not a cutting, it is a plant with a root ball. It had two leaves when I got it, but the other one turned yellow and fell off several months ago. The remaining leaf looked great for a while, but it seems to be slowly becoming discolored. It's still mostly green but it's got some slight hints of brownish/red and is a little lighter/yellower than before. JUST A LITTLE. I don't even know if it's something bad, but if it is, I want to stop it now.

I've read pretty much everything I can. I've been keeping it rather moist because it's supposed to like that. (How moist is moist?? Should I keep it always wet? Sometimes the dirt gets dry to about halfway down.) It also likes shade, but it only has one leaf, so I don't know if that applies. It doesn't get any direct sun, but it is under a CFL bulb all day, for about 13 hours. (There are 3 other hoyas around it that are doing well under this light.)

There are no apparent pests or fungus.

Now is the point where I just try stuff randomly to see if it helps. I'm still sort of new to this, so I need you to help suggest things to me.

I just put a water-filled dish under it. Will this really change the humidity around it in any significant way? (And does this plant like humidity?)

I have not been fertilizing it because it's winter. Should I give it some fertilizer?

Here it is, and this is the level of light it gets from the bulb. (When the sun is up it also gets slight indirect window-light.)

Comments (8)

Sponsored