SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardurnit

att smtp mail - bad certificate - i have the right pop and smtp

gardurnit
14 years ago

ATT SMTP MAIL - Bad Certificate - I have the right pop and smtp addresses. What's wrrong?

I've set up many email accounts for pop over the years. I get an error which I suspect

is ATT's problem but since nothing shows up in google I guess it's my problem to solve.

With your help I hope.

What could be the problem when I get an error after sending mail via Opera 8.53 and I see

a screen that looks like this: Opps I thought I could

attach a screen cap. Sorry. It says something like ' error the certificate from ATT / SMTP does not match' someone could be snooping on your mail. (unlikely - my words)

My pop and smtp are right as are the port settings. ATT talks about a security setting and Opera has

a few choices. I've tried a few of them and they seem to have no effect on the outcome excpt the one

that says, 'no encoding' which causes a total failure.

The mail does get sent , I think, but frankly I"m not 100% sure as I often don't get a reply. But I only use

it for occasional mail to links that are on Craigslist or other html links. Otherwise I use web based mail.

I don't NEED to solve this. But I'd like to know what's happening or what you think is happening. I have

quite abit of experience but I'm not an expert. I do understand the terminology and the purposes of

various tools used on the internet as I've been degreed in electronics for 30 years and been online

before the internet had pictures and html and browsers.

Thanks

Andre

======

Comment (1)