SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theknitter01

I have seen a Bluestar in Ontario

theknitter01
16 years ago

I was in the Tasco store in Mississauga yesterday and was able to look at the Bluestar that they are now carrying.....

They had the 36" Heritage model on the floor - sort of tucked in beside a fridge - not really well displayed.

DH and I compared the fit and finish of the Bluestar to the Wolf that we did order (because I couldn't bring myself to order it sight unseen from the distributor in Quebec). I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the fit and finish of the display unit - am hoping that this was because it was their first in the showroom and that it is currently looking like an orphan. Sharp edges in places that I would have been certain to cut myself when cleaning the machine, poor aligment of various stove top parts (it looked like the whole grate assembly was about 1/4" to 3/8" out of alignment so the grates looked crooked) and the cast iron top was really rough - this would be the parts that the burner ring sit into - my impression is that this would be really tough to keep clean.

Now all of the things that I am chatting about are cosmetic to be sure and they are potentially meaningless when you use the machine but since I couldn't evaluate an operating range, this was all I had to go on - I am certain that all of the Bluestar owners out there are very happy with their purchases.....

The only other thing is that it looks like the mark up from the distributor to showroom is very high. This beast had a list price of $9500 CDN. Now I know that is not the price you would be paying at Tasco - it would be less but I think it would net out at closer to $7.5K after their discounts optimistically speaking. The Heritage must list higher than the regualr 36" 6 burner but the number that I was quoted for that was $5400 delivered direct from the distributor - not certain that the Heritage Grill and Broiler is worth another $2K or more but that's what I saw.....

So for those of you in Ontario that want to at least look at one and compare - TASCO does carry them and there is one in the store in Mississauga.

Marion K.

Comments (5)