SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop1155

Blue Star Rangetop - Island Trim

hilltop1155
11 years ago

I'm hoping someone with Blue Star experience can help me. I'm ordering a Blue Star 6-burner range top for my new kitchen. I plan to place it in a standard 24" deep perimeter countertop, and the wall behind it is to be ceramic tile that goes down to the countertop. Behind the rangetop it would come down to the trim piece. No one here carries an in-store sample of the Blue Star so I'm buying it sight unseen.

After reading a few posts here, I have some questions:

- Does the island trim have slots in the top of it? Is it sloped or flat? In other words, will it look silly to have the ceramic tile come down to the top of that trim piece?

- Do I need to allow space behind the rangetop for the ceramic tile to go down behind the rangetop & trim, rather than having the tile come down and terminate on top of the island trim?

- Should I have the base cabinets built deeper so there is more clearance behind the burners, or is there enough room for reasonably sized pots & pans to sit on the back burners in a standard installation?

The only photos I've found on the net show the range rather than the rangetop, and so the back trim is slotted to vent the oven. I can't figure why the island trim would need slots for a rangetop, but I can't find a photo to show that.

Thanks so much for any advice -

Len

Comments (10)