SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbaraz_gw

Any Familiarity w. Bosch Condensation Dryer?

barbaraz
15 years ago

I have to replace my electric stackable washer and dryer in my Maui condo and it has to fit in a small closet. There is no outside venting for the dryer. It typically vents into a bucket of water that is kept on a shelf above the stackable W/D--so not all that convenient. You have to constantly climb up to check the water level to make sure it hasn't evaporated and clean the lint out. I want to get something stackable with the largest capacity I can that will still fit in the closet. Bosch has the largest capacity W/D in the size that fits into the closet. One dryer is the Bosch Axxis Dryer, model #WTV76100US and this would vent into the bucket of water like I have. Certainly do-able. The other option is a ventless Bosch dryer--a Condensation dryer, Bosch Axxis model #WTE86300US. Does anyone have any familiarity with either of these? I have never seen the condensation dryers before and I wondered how efficiently they dried clothes and if the owners liked them. I understand they can take a little longer to dry the clothes and energy useage is certainly a consideration. Getting rid of the bucket of water for the venting is very appealing, but the condensation dryer is even more $$$ than the already overpriced venting dryer and I want to make sure it does the job well. I am also concerned about the electricity useage if it takes longer to dry--how much longer? Please help--its alot of money and I want to spend it wisely. Thanks!

Comments (7)