SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Feeding movers/moving a kitchen

Lars
14 years ago

I have hired a moving company to move us, and they will send four men plus a huge truck (large enough to hold everything, so they say), and a co-worker suggested that I feed the workers so that they will take less time for their lunch break (I am paying by the hour). Also to have a lot of water. I guess I should go and buy bottled water and keep it in an ice chest, along with the sandwiches I make.

I bought smoked turkey breast and Black Forest ham as well as some sliced Swiss cheese to make sandwiches on La Brea Bakery bread and Pumpernickel from the Farmers' Market (Kevin bought that). Is there anything else that I should have? How have you handled this situation? BTW, here in Venice we do not have any chain fast food restaurants - only local ones - I will miss that in my new neighborhood, but I'm only moving less than seven miles away.

Any other tips on dealing with moving companies? I haven't packed the kitchen items yet, but the movers will bring packing material and could pack the kitchen for me. Is this a good idea? What do you do with the refrigerator? How much do you keep and what? I think I'm going to start sorting through things in the fridge today.

Lars

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County