SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianalo_loco

Vent hood purchase - think I messed up bigtime

dianalo
16 years ago

Hey all,

Dh is going to kill me as we bought a Rangemaster Provisa 6300 Series island vent hood today by Broan. In the store when I asked if we should go ahead and get it or double check about it and come back, he did mention the few things I bought that I changed my mind about (including the telescoping venthood I got before we figured out we could get gas). He left the decision completely up to me.

We got it for less than half the retail price at the Sears outlet store as it was an order that was cancelled. It has come down since we first saw it months ago by approx $400. We don't get there often as it is not next door. The salesgirl said this price was the lowest before they would ship it back.

I was looking online and see that I can buy extra ducting for an up to 10 ft ceiling. The problem is our ceilings over the island should be approx 15' high! Has anyone dealt with a cathedral ceiling and an island vent hood? It is in an open floor plan, so I don't think I can just drop down a section by 5 feet over my island! Any ideas?????

Is there hope?

Please help me make this work out somehow. A 15% restocking fee would really hurt, esp. since this is my second vent purchase and I still haven't resold the first. I was so happy to cross another item off the list and now I feel queasy ;P

OTOH - If anyone is near NY and looking for a telescoping vent, new in it's box, please let me know....

Comments (18)