SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huango

Help to clarify hood/venting? Picture of vent components?

huango
14 years ago

Help to clarify hood/venting?

IÂve been reading many venting posts/threads and many are specific questions, like reviews on PK#2341-whatever unit.

But is there a picture or something to show all the different pieces coming together?

Do I need a shell and liner and fan and blower and baffles/filters, and how much ducting, etc? Do they have to be from the same company?

I am asking because IÂm thinking of purchasing a fantastic stainless steel range hood SHELL for a great price. It requires a fan to be functional.

IÂd like to get an external blower, but what limitations are there?

What questions should I ask before purchasing this hood shell?

My layout is a long L, and the hood will be on the short leg of the L. ItÂs an inside wall, but is only ~4ft from the outside wall. Can I put the put external blower unit on the outside wall? Can it be covered a bit, since thatÂll be right in the corner of the deck?

It canÂt duct directly up (thatÂd be in the middle of the 2nd bathroom floor), but it could possibly zig zag about 3ft to go up through the bathroom closet to the attic. But can I put the external blower on the outside wall?

I do a lot of cooking that requires good venting (onions, frying, etc). IÂd like to be on the quieter side (thus the external blower). IÂm planning on either the Bluestar or Wolf 36" or 48" rangetop. Is a W58"xD24"xH18" too large for a 36" rangetop?

I donÂt know why I feel so lost about this subject.

Heck, I havenÂt even thought about the ?required return air intake (or whatever).

I need some hand-holding please.

Thank you so very much,

Amanda

Comments (2)