SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seegaye

Maybe I just need to vent about vents, but help is welcome too

seegaye
13 years ago

I thought that getting a chimney style vent hood would be one of my simpler choices. Not so. There is so much in the way of choices. Then there are the "requirements" - or perhaps they are, in reality, just suggestions? CFMs, make up air, sones, duct size, code requirements (?),type of filter, type of motor, ductless, ducted...(sigh). Prices - from several hundred to thousands - and often for what does not seem like big differences.

Do brands really count? If you get one brand of hood for another brand of stove will the stainless really not match as the salesman at HHGreg told me? Or was he just trying to sell me that hood? Are some brands no good? Are some good values?

I want a pretty, chimney style, stainless hood for my 30 inch slide in Electrolux and I dont really want to go over a thousand. Matter of fact, the closer to that figure that I get, the more irritable I become!

DH says not to worry about specs, just get what I want based on looks, but I am sure there is more to it than that. Isnt there? Am I making too much of this?

Comments (10)