SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
singingmicki_gw

36' Capital Culinarian Cooktop Purchased- Need Vent Hood!

singingmicki
12 years ago

After reading numerous posts here and doing extensive personal research, my husband and I bought the 6 burner 36" Capital Culinarian Cooktop for our new build. We're thrilled, and I can't wait to get it installed and move in!

Because we chose such a high powered cooktop, we need a vent hood that can keep up with it. I don't have room for an inline motor, so I had my HVAC guy plan for an external blower. The 8" duct fit best, so that's what I have to work with.

I think that at this point, I'm just plain overwhelmed. All my brain cells are being used to make other decisions, and I can't seem to focus enough to think this major purchase through. A month ago, when I still had a brain, I researched Tradewind and Abbaka. Abbaka liners are a bit pricey for my budget, and I was hoping to buy just the blower from Abbaka and put a different liner in, but apparently they won't sell them that way. (at least the distributor in Dallas won't)

Can anyone help me think this through? I know a few things:

Rooftop blower

8" Duct

42" capture area

variable speed control

baffles

Liner built into a wood cabinet

As quiet as possible (I know noise is subjective)

Enough power to keep up with my cooktop and this cajun cook

Basically, I'm looking for these features, and I'd like to get the biggest bang for my buck. Any help would be appreciated; I'm just plain fried right now. :-)

Comments (14)