SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

HELP with bathroom layout and ideas...

nikkidan
12 years ago

Here's our bathroom plan...

To the right of the master bedroom is the livingroom, and to the right of the master bath/shower/walk in closet is the den/office.

The dimensions are hard to read since I used a (not very good) app on my phone to take the pic. The interior dimensions of the bathroom are: the custom walk in shower (tiled) is 5 feet wide X 8 feet long. The dimensions of the rest of the bathroom area with the vanity and toilet is 8 feet wide X 10ft 4inches long.

The shower is huge, but it is the space we had to fit it in. The vanity as shown is about 7 feet or so long.

Any ideas for a different layout? We do not want a tub, we will have a hot tub out the back of our master bedroom (there will be a door not a window back there). And what should we do with such a large space for the vanity? Thats alot of counterspace...and I'm just not sure it is necessary.

We are going to build on a slab, no basement, no steps coming into the house, and no steps on the main floor. Also we are doing wide doors so the house will be essentially handicap accessible (we plan to retire in this home and you never know!). So the door going into the shower will be about 36 inches wide also.

Any help I can get on this over the weekend will be deeply appreciated!! I need to meet with my builder on Monday and I've been so tied up with the kitchen, I haven't had time to even consider looking at the bathroom!

Comments (9)