SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estimatedeyes_gw

Appliances - Go With Our Mixed Bag or All Thermador?

EstimatedEyes
11 years ago

After months of research and honest analysis about what we need/want we settled on the following for our remodel --

Thermador 36" CIT365KBB induction cooktop

SubZero BI36U 36" built in fridge

KitchenAId KUDS30CXSS (or similar) dishwasher

AROFSHGE-230 American Range dual fuel double wall oven

Custom insert hood liner/vent system tbd

I really wanted the AR ovens with the french doors, one gas, one electric, and 15,000 W broiler -- especially with the move to induction. My wife really wants the SubZero -- we had one in our last house and just loved it. To afford both, we compromised by saving a few bucks on a KA dishwasher v a Bosch or Asko.

Before we pull the trigger, however, we are considering whether we should switch to the following all-Thermador set up --

36" induction CIT365KBB

36" built-in refrig T36BB820SS

Sapphire series dishwasher DWHD650JFP

30" double wall oven PODC302J

vent hood insert VCI236DS

That would save us about $3,500 once the price of the ventilation system is thrown in. :) The trade off is I give up the AR and wifey gives up the SubZ :(. But the Thermador fridge was our second choice, the Prof. series oven looks pretty good, we will have a DCS grill a few steps away to feed my need for flame, and we get a better (maybe) DW with the third culinary rack we wanted. And the vent system is "free". It's a hard deal to pass up, given the savings.

SO -- what do you think ... go with the results of our months of obsession and analysis, or follow the money?

Comments (13)