SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Can't get task bar the way I want

lynnalexandra
12 years ago

I don't know what happened here. I was trying to get the safely remove icon back to my taskbar. Somehow it gives me 3 lines of icons for the task bar. I don't want three lines worth. It used to be a single line.

In messing with it, it already had the place toolbar on top of other windows checked - and yet the taskbar appeared on the bottom - where I want it. Then it disappeared (don't know which thing I did to create that). I went back and unchecked taskbar on top - and it disappeared off the bottom of my screen. I rechecked it and it's on top. The only way I can get it to appear is that it's now on top - which I don't want. And it still has three lines for the icons. The quick launch icons are on the top line. The icons like Avast, dropbox, scotty winpatrol, etc and the clock are displayed on three lines. I'd like them on a single line again - but see no thin line of dots there that sometimes allows you to move things.

If I uncheck keep taskbar on top - and I'm in Firefox, it isn't visible - but it's on top, if I minimize firefox.

I have Windows XP - and no idea what's going on.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (10)