SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Why is my Samsung freezing at the cooling outlets?

enduring
11 years ago

I have a Samsung french door frig # RF263 that I bought new last summer. It has now frozen up twice in the last 2 weeks. Last week initially, making a noise that sounded like it was roaring. The temp inside was 56 and wouldn't set back down when I tried to change temp to 38deg. I don't know how long it was having trouble keeping temp. I can't remember the freezer temp at that time. I Called Samsung and trouble shot the situation. Found the vent holes at the back of the frig frozen up solid. I defrosted and it started working again-fine. I called the appliance repair shop, (that Samsung referred me to, as I have a 5 year warrenty) to have him come and look at the thing. I didn't trust that all was well. I have never had this happen to any frig I've had in my 40 years of frid ownership. He suspected that is was the system that controls the temp etc (can't remember the other 2 things he said). He ordered the part.

Forward to this weekend. I noticed ice developing in the vent holes again. Next to no groceries in the frig. No groceries physically blocking the flow vents. Freezer holding at -2deg and at 1/4 full. Frig at 48-52deg. Roaring sound developed today. Called repair man to see if part is in and it is. He will be here tomorrow to replace. I am now defrosting the d*m* thing. Before I commenced on this project tonight, I noticed a large puddle of water under the deli draw.

One detail that I want to add is that I have never hooked up the ice maker. Could that be my problem?

I gave a perfectly good functional 18 y.o. frig away to by this thing and it is giving me trouble after only a year. I have never had large appliance problems. Is it just the luck of the draw or is this a bad frig company/line?

If your have any insight into my problems please advise. Thanks for your time.

Comments (22)