SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurief_gw

new computer recommendations, please

laurief_gw
12 years ago

I need to buy my first PC ever, and I'm completely lost. I've always been a Mac gal, but I've just been offered an online job that requires a new or almost new (no older than a couple of years), PC computer to be compatible with this company's online work environment. I don't even know where to start! Please, PC users, I can use whatever recommendations you're willing to offer.

Here are the highlights of what I want and need:

As inexpensive as possible - Where can I get the best value for my money? Specific online vendors? Real world vendors? Pawn shops? Places I can find nearly-new or floor demo models at cheap prices?

Reliable - Which OS should I be looking for? Which computer brands should I steer toward or away from?

Desktop or laptop - I'm open to either, as long as they're comparable in quality and life expectancy.

Videocam - This will be necessary for video conferencing.

Internet - Internet-ready and high speed connection compatible

Those are the bare bones of my requirements. Since I know nothing about PC's, I don't know if there are other features I'll need, as well, so feel free to educate me. I just need to get a dependable machine as cheaply as possible.

Point me in the right direction, please!

Laurie

Comments (8)