SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn_gw

Tall vanity cabinets that match off the shelf - RARE!

karyn
10 years ago

It's almost impossible to find more than one stock vanity cabinet that can sit next to another for a larger array of sizes!

I need a 30" tall base - with 24" drawer bases on either side. Simple? NOT.

Special order desk @Lowes - $1200+ for the very worst level white laminate they sell. TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR PARTICLE BOARD AND LAMINATE?
Cabinet Authority was not much better coming in just under $1200 but at least in colored particle board!

I did find it at Home Depot in cheap white laminate by 3 of their buying their cheap base+sinktop kits and throwing away the sinktops. Besides being really cheap and cheesy looking and poorly made, all these cabinets have full doors in front so it's not functional either. But - $340 will get 'er done.

I did find one nice cabinet style @Lowes in espresso color with one door on the left, two drawer on the right - available in 24" and 30" sizes - so I can get to the 24+30+24 size I need to fit my center sink space. $880 for all 3. Downside - the only configuration is door on the left - two drawers on the right which ends up looking like THIS - (very quick Photoshop job to get the vibe only)

1000% better than white laminate though right? A custom special order base set in this type of array and materials would might likely cost double.

Does this look OK - or will people notice?

This post was edited by karyn on Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 4:16

Comments (18)