SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedog_2007

What a Difference a Day Makes (a little long)

dixiedog_2007
15 years ago

As some of you may know, my husband and I were heading off to Los Vegas, NV for a business/vacation trip. We were to fly out early Sat. morning on March 21. We went out shopping and to dinner on Friday the 20th and I returned home and tried calling my Mom to talk to her before we left. I got no answer. I looked at the clock and said well this is her shower time so I will wait a bit. Time went by and I tried phoning again - no answer. Tried again, no answer. So I called my brother and got no answer. Called both of their cell phones and no answer on both. So I figured that my brother & wife headed down to Mom's and took her out to dinner. So I waited quite a bit longer and phoned again. No answer.

Now I am becoming a bit concerned because it is getting late. I phone my brother's home again and he answers. I say, "please tell me you were out with Mom tonight." His response - no, why? My heart sank to my knees. I felt it in my heart.

We arrived at my Mom's home and she was gone. She died of a massive heart attack.

My whole world turned upside down that night. I haven't been the same since. The last two weeks have been a complete blur to me. I have just gone through the motions - visitation, service, funeral, dismantling her home, getting ready for probate court, putting her house on the market, etc. I just want to wake up from this very, very bad dream.

I did not just lose my Mom - I lost my best friend and am devastated.

My Mom was the most caring, gentle, hardworking, trustworthy and loving person that you could ever meet and I am being serious (not bias). So many people from her work (and it's a big corporation) wanted to attend the funeral that they rented a huge bus and brought them all there.

My Mom went straight to Heaven and is now with my Father and at peace.

I LOVE YOU MOM and miss you sooooooo much.

Thank you for listening to me. I just needed some place to write down a little bit of my feelings.

Comments (38)