SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlene4711

Kenmore Slide-In Electric Range Smoothtop

arlene4711
15 years ago

I was just about ready to purchase a Kenmore Slide-In Electric Range with the Ceramic/Glass Smoothtop feature but read somewhere that someone who, after sliding their unit in between their cabinets, had an issue with the cooktop (which overlaps the countertop) sticking up and creating a gap.(albeit it a very small one).

I went back to the store and looked at the model on display and noticed that underneath the glasstop, (about 1/4" in from the edge) there is a metal plate which I presume is a support for the top itself. I'm pretty sure it is the thickness of this plate which has caused the gap between the cooktop and the counter. Does anyone know if this is typical??

To try and remedy the problem, they had adjusted the legs.....but the gap was still evident. Does anyone own one of these or a similar slide-in model with the cooktop overlapping onto the countertop....and did they encounter this issue???? I'm really hesitant to purchase this item now......but I really do like the idea of no gap between the SIDE of the cabinets and the appliance itself. The overlapping top ideally should completely avoid this problem and keep any debris right on the counter and not down in between the appliance and the cabinets....which is a feature I really like.....as well as the clean lines which are aesthetically more pleasing.

If anyone has any suggestions for an alternative slide-in.....that would be great too! I don`t want a convection or gas.....just plain old electric. But I do like the slide-in feature and the smoothtop. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment