SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline732

Should/Can we pick this Battle?

caroline732
16 years ago

You all have been great -- especially Bill Vincent & Mongo, who have given -- and continue to give -- great advice and quick responses when we are in a jam.

So, this topic is the vanity countertop. (again)

We got a decent deal on a Botticino Marble vanity top from the people we used for our kitchen granite because we found a piece that had been cut for someone else but decided not to take it. (36" , ogee edge, with sink, $400) We have Maron Cohiba/Brown Antique in the kitchen.

The sink hole had already been cut. They said they would mount a sink included in the price (undermount)

I specifically asked if it would match the Kohler white -- they said yes, it is a white porcelain sink. I didn't feel the need to go look at a simple white sink.

So, the countertop arrives today, and it is beautiful, but the attached sink has a chrome ring for the overflow and right underneath that in black letters is JIEBRAND

My husband is like what the F?

We bought Brushed Nickel Kohler faucets from Ferguson's -- but most importantly, who is JIEBRAND and why do I have to stare at their name for the next 30 years; my husband is furious about that and also concerned that the chrome ring from some cheap sink will rust; and if you google jiebrand sink you get www.made-in-china.com Nothing else...Great....

We are installing expensive faucets, we are tiling the shower. Is looking at the sink like staring at the name Walmart all day?

So, Is this a battle to be picked?

Our kitchen was a $5,000 job and we let them go on a f-up. (granite not square to our Wolf Range so crumbs go down!)

Can they even take the sink off of the countertop anymore?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (5)