SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcvt

Liebherr, Eurostoves, and a $1,200 Visa promotion

rcvt
14 years ago

The Eurostoves website features "a STAGGERING $1200.00 promotion on all Liebherr refrigerator Sales During AUGUST 09." Never having seen a come-on quite like this one, I called Eurostves and spoke with the very pleasant Corrie Hopley. She explained that it is a promotion, not a price reduction.

The promotion involves collecting one's register receipts for food and gas and sort of trading them in for Visa gift cards for $50 a month. The website claimyourvisa.com, which is the facilitator for the promotion, says "Receive 2 x $25 Visa cards each month just for sending us $100 worth of Food and Fuel receipts." At that rate, it would take two years to earn the $1,200, wouldn't it?

Does anyone here have experience with a promotion like this one, with Liebherr or with Eurostoves or with any other company? I hope this question is OK to ask on the Appliance forum. I afraid my lust for the Liebherr might cloud the otherwise promotion-leery judgment center of my brain.

Many thanks,

rc

in

VT

Comments (10)

• homepro01
    14 years ago

Stop the madness!!! I need a freezer and was just contemplating placing an order locally! I will review and see what I can find out.
    Your partner in cloudiness,
    Homepro01

• smokinbarn
    14 years ago

It sounds like Visa's way of collecting an incredible amount of personal shopping data! You'd think they have enough of that already, from their own card holders.

• homepro01
    14 years ago

I did not see this on eurostoves website. I did do a google search of the link you provided and it smells like a scam or something you will have a hard time collecting on. Can you provide the link with the info from Eurostoves?
    Thanks!

• rcvt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi homepro. When I went to the Eurostoves website today, there is no mention of it on their home page, but when I went to the Liebherr section, there it is at http://www.eurostoves.com/Liebherr-a/146.htm.

I can't tell if the claimyourvisa.com place is a scam or not. At best, the promotion sounds like a creepy way to keep one tethered to a supermarket, a gas station, and Visa. Is the feeling of freedom to shop wherever the heck you want worth $1,200 in gift cards?

rc
    in
    VT

Here is a link that might be useful: big promotion

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    14 years ago

The company name is My Free Travel, contact number 815-741-3900 they are an A rated BBB company with call centers in Chicago, Utah and Seattle.

This is a loyalty program. This is not a way to tether you to a store or gas station. In general people use one store for most of there general purchases, the same with fuel. I always go to the Hess garage on the way to work. We always shop at Stop and Shop for general goods for our classes.

We use this promotion program in our cooking school we also gave it to all friends and family. I too thought it was a scam, but I relented and made the $20.00 payment, and so far it works. we have gotten more money back than the $20 we paid out so I see it as a positive.

The only reason I decided to do this was because it works in our school. As most, who have made purchases from Eurostoves, knows we are very price competitive, but with this program it offers a little bit more for our customers who want to claim some money back.

I look at it this way... if you are going to pay $3500 for a range or refrigerator from Eurostoves because we are price competitive then why not claim a little bit back. call it a rebate, discount, saving, sale whatever, its money coming back. As I say on the phone to customers if you only claim it back 4 times that's $200 back, if you don't want to do it and you are still making the purchase from Eurostoves then give it to your church, friend, family member who may be happy to get $50 a month back for nothing or claim as much money back as you can, its you call.

This promotion does not come from any manufacture. The norm for manufactures money back programs is maybe $100.

This is a thank you from Eurostoves for purchasing from us. Use it or give it away.

Finally i am very realistic and honest when speaking to people on the phone or in the store, what i say is

" i don't know how they make money, i don't care all i know is that so long as they are in business i am going to milk it for all i can, if you get $200 back and they go bankrupt or you decide its not worth the time then you got $200 for NOTHING. If you do it every month and you get $1200 back that is fantastic."

A few years ago we sent all our customers who purchased a bluestar range a Wok just before Christmas, another year we sent customers a knife set, these were thank you gifts for purchasing from Eurostoves, you could use them or give them away the choice was down to the customer

I recall a few years ago my Father went to his bank in the UK to make a deposit, it was the Banks birthday so they were giving the first 10 customers of the day a free camera, my father was customer number 10, he was offered the camera and amazingly in my mind he refused it and said give it to the guy behind him. He did not want the camera but still banks with the same bank today.

What i am saying is if this promo is for you fine if not then the sale will come down to knowledge, price and service.

• rcvt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Trevor for the explanation.

I'm going to think more about this offer, and I hope we hear from people who have actually used an offer like it.

I appreciate that you joined the conversation to explain your reasons for making the Liebherr offer. Apart from the promotional gambit itself, I take your participation as a hopeful sign that you would be a responsible and involved merchant if I were to purchase from you. That means something to me since I live far from high-end appliance stores and have never dared purchase a huge item like a refrigerator online.

Apologies to forum members if my query strayed too far from the appliances category.

rc
    in
    VT

• PRO
    14 years ago

As I said in the last line of my post.

Knowledge, Price and Service SHOULD mean more than the offer....the offer is just a little icing on the cake for those who like icing.........lol

• homepro01
    14 years ago

Thanks for explanation for Trevor. As I said, I am interested in the Liebherr freezer but wanted to know when the new built in models would be available?

Thanks!

• PRO
    14 years ago

I understand the new built in freezer units are expected in early 4th quarter (Finger Crossed) We have some on order now with that time frame in mind

• brianjh
    14 years ago

Trevor is absolutly correct on the promotion of the $25 Visa cards. All you do is send in $100 worth of Food and $100 worth of Fuel receipts each month and get 2 x $25 Visa cards.

They are not asking anyone to spend more at the grocery store or at the pump, you just shop as usual but save your receipts instead of throwing them away. For a couple of minutes worth of work each month sticking them in an envelope and mailing them in you get the cards.

I have not been working with Eurostoves but I do work with many other companies that use our certificates with great success.

We also do the travel incentives for My Free Travel they work great. My Free Travel has been around for 22 years.

One promotional company that I know has sold over 15 million travel premiums over the last 20 years.

Businesses are looking for ways to increase sales and build customer loyalty and this is a great way to do it. www.Claimyourvisa.com has all the details on the site regarding the incentive certificates and www.Incentiveagent.com has the travel premiums that I mentioned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Travel Incentives & Premiums.