SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizydiggin

Builders - Please direct me to a resource

16 years ago

We completed comstruction of our home in Sept 06. The other day while gardening I found what I thought were termites. Upon inspection by a certified tech today, we have termites. He was very gracious and instead of trying to sell me on the $1500 package to treat the problem, he informed me that in Oklahoma it is required for all buildings to be pre-treated. He explained the pre-treament standards and also said that the company doing the pre-treatment is required to provide a 12 month warranty.

I have gone through all of the documents that were given to us at closing and there is nothing in there regarding pest control services performed, or warranty that may be provided. Nor does the settlement statement have any costs for Pest Services.

BEFORE I call my builder and the pest control company (if it was done), I'd like to be able to find the exact "code" or law that the technician was referencing. Is there something that is available to the general public explaing building requirements in Oklahoma?

Thanks!!

Comments (9)