SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
band_meeting

Easy to find a range to fit taller countertop?

band_meeting
14 years ago

We're just starting our remodel, and I need to find a 30" stainless steel gas range. I think I would prefer open burner, but according to ajmadison, that leaves me with only the following three choices:

BlueStar RNB304BSS

FiveStar TTN2607

Viking Professional VGIC3064BSS

All three are a bit more than I would like to spend, but I could make room in the budget if I find something that is really worth it.

But here's where it gets tricky: We're planning to install thick countertops, so our counter height will be either 37" or 37.5", rather than the standard 36". Therefore, I need to make sure that the range I select can be adjusted high enough.

From the Viking spec sheet, it looks like the Viking range would work perfectly -- but after reading some of the negative reviews, I'd also like to consider other options. I like what I have read about BlueStar, but I haven't been able to find any information about the maximum adjustable height.

For those of you who have taller than standard countertops, did you have any trouble finding a range that would work? If I choose a range that doesn't quite adjust up to 37.5", how weird would it be if the range was a bit below the countertop? I definitely don't want to choose a range based primarily on the adjustable feet, but I also don't want one that's going to be a full inch below the countertops.

I'm hoping someone might have advice/recommendations for a range that would fit with 37.5" countertops. And I haven't completely ruled out sealed burner models (I especially like what I have read about NXR), so I'm willing to consider any brands. Preferably under $3000, but I could go up to about $4500 if necessary.

Thanks!

Comments (3)