SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Overhwhelmed by lighting..need some direction

Aims
9 years ago

We have a general budget for lighting, but I don't know what is an average price for pendants, chandeliers, and bathroom lighting. What is cheap...what is high dollar? From what I have seen, going over budget could be very easy.

I was wanting silver colored hardware for my kitchen, but was considering bronze lighting for the kitchen, dining room, entry, etc. I feel like silver light fixtures don't have the visual pop of bronze. But I have had some people say to stick to silver lighting if I wanted silver hardware. But I don't know what to do.

There are so many lighting companies out there being sold on so many websites.

I don't know where to begin. I had paired up 2 Feiss pieces, but they aren't the exact same bronze finish nor the same style. I was leaning my kitchen to be more transitional and my current dining set is contemporary. The drum light doesn't have a big diameter. It's 20 inches and the width of my table is 42. I don't know if it's big enough.

I really love the pendant light. I think it's interesting and I didn't want something plain jane or the matching little mini pendant that coordinates with the drum fixture.

If anyone has suggestions for lighting companies that offer a good product at not a high end price, please let me know.

Comments (25)