SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzan30

Too much of a good thing? Design advice needed!

suzan30
12 years ago

My hall bath remodel is almost done and I am loving it. Thanks to everyone who has offered advice along the way. Now I need to turn to master bath. Hall bath is done with Daltile Fabrique on both the tub surround and floor. I used the chocolate brown in 12 inch squares on the floor and the 6 x12 creme tiles in a subway pattern on walls. I really like the clean and modern look, but there was one problem along the way. I ordered way more tile than I needed for the walls and my tile guy seems to have zoned out while making the cuts-- he cut all of them in 1/2 leaving me with 20 square feet of extra tile that now cannot be returned.

I thought, hey, I love the tile, I'll use the extras on the floor of the master bath, which is only 22 square feet total. I like the idea of using similar elements throughout the house, but I am not sure what to put on the walls. I found a plain 6 x 6 matte tile in "almond" (very close to the creme fabrique) and planned to use that on the wall, with an insert of glass tile to dress it up a bit.

Now I am worried that this is going to be a almond/cream overload without enough contrast, especially because the vanity I had custom made is in natural maple. Will the white of the toilet and bathtub be enough to offset the very similar tile colors? Will a darker granite vanity top provide enough contrast?

Opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH