SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aigredoux

How much is too much of a good thing?

Butternut
8 years ago

I'm still working on my family room - I changed paint colors again, now I think going with (a SW color match of) Farrow and Ball Ringwold Ground. I'll have a blue TV armoire, medium "french blue" curtains and a blue and gold toile pattern fabric for pillows/window seat cushions.

But in the meantime I'm on to the next project, the "piano room" which is connected to the family room by a large cased opening and the breakfast area. I have the rug shown which is navy blue, green/blue, red, olive, and gold. The open breakfast area has soft gold paint, similar to SW Believeable Buff and I'd like to leave it but paint the Piano room. I'm thinking to pick up a green/blue color in the rug. Currently have samples of F&B Pale Powder and Light Blue on order.

I was waiting for inspiration to strike for my dining room. I saw an episode of Top Chef he other night with a celebrity chef's dining room and I loved it! Only it's blue and gold/brass too. I have 1970s vintage French style cherry furniture, so obviously different than the chef's dining room. But if I painted my dining room that color of blue (it has cream waiscotting and crown already), and used brass accents, would it be too much blue?

Here is the chef's dining room:

Here is the inspiration board I've been working on, with my dining room furniture in the lower right corner. This is pretty much the whole first floor except for the kitchen and office which has paneled walls.

Too much blue?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio