SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinktoes_gw

Designing cabinetry for a small bath---help!

pinktoes
16 years ago

Okay, I'm stumped. My hardest bathroom to design is the smallest one. The hall guest bath, which is also my bath (except that I shower in the Master with DH. Well, not usually at the same time.) There's a small linen/broom closet in the hallway, but no closet in the bath itself. Your usual oblong small hall bath.

We'll have a local cabinet shop make our maple cabinets, but I need to design what I want. Sink base cabinet is only 30" x 22". For the mirror/medicine/shelves, etc. on the upper level, I have the 30" of wall space behind the sink and the side wall--about 30" of wall over to the door. All my potions, cosmetics, hairdryer, etc. plus guest items needs to go there. I like things behind closed doors mostly. I want a high backsplash and side splash of some sort to protect the wall paint; maybe tile.

When I find photos of baths and cabinetry it's usually the nice, big, knock-out/show-off our skills stuff. Of course. But I don't have the space for all that. Where do I get ideas for my LITTLEST bath??

Comments (9)