SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Is this vanity quote crazy expensive or is it just me?

piscesgirl
9 years ago

So we received our first vanity quote for our hall bathroom. I almost fell off my chair when I read the number. Over $8k! This is for a hall guest/kids bathroom (we don't have kids) so I want a nice cabinet, but I don't want to go crazy!

Quote is for Ultracraft Amherst cabinet door (full overlay, recessed wood panel with bead) painted white. Cabinet run is 78" long.

Vanity is 45" W by 24" D x 34.75" H (standard kitchen). No toe kick (we are going to add feet which we will purchase).

Linen hutch is 33" W. Base is 27" D x 34.75" H. Tower is 24" D and goes to ceiling (~59.75 H)...we have 8ft ceilings. Tower will have mirrored doors. Linen hutch will have a flush toekick.

The quote includes a fancy mullion, but even if we eliminated that it won't bring the price down that much. Even if it brought it down $1k I am still floored by the price.

I am going to talk to the store monday to see what we can do to lower the price. Off the cuff, they said the linen tower is driving over half the price.

Is this the price range we should expect? This is the first cabinet brand we have looked at. Any others we should consider? I know we are limited to semi-custom or custom brands because of desire to have the custom depths and heights, as well as eliminating toe kicks, etc.

Should we look at a custom cabinet maker? We live in just outside of Philly so automatically I thought Amish. My husband thinks custom will cost even more. Thoughts? I really would like to keep this item below $5k.

Comments (18)