SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summer_tx

Problems with MS Outlook

summer_tx
11 years ago

I just recently had a computer built. It has Windows 7 Pro on it. All of my other computers always used Outlook Express as the email program. I'm having a difficult time getting used to MS Outlook. I'm doing better but still have the same issue with forwarding a video or any size. Seems to take FOREVER. This sucker "scats" to repeat the way my computer friend put it. So much faster than my old Sony Vaio. BUT, MS Outlook has not been my friend. I don't know whether it's my security settings. (I have Avast) or whether it's my server (Suddenlink) or whether it's just a setting in MS Outlook. I'm stymied.

Also, I can't just "insert" a picture into the message of an email like I've done for many years. It will only let me "attach" it. I like ti insert where I can put captions or information about each picture I share.

Another also....I get completely encrypted emails from about 4 of my address book friends. Can't find any settings that will change that either. It's maddening. There are always some of my friends emails in the "junk mail" too. I have to check it always to be sure I don't miss something important that they may have forwarded.

Can you help on any of these fronts? I'm sorry to be such a pain.

I am needing to leave the house for about an hour but will be back to check the forum after to answer any incidentals you may need to be able to help. Thank you.

Comments (6)