SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

Floor to ceiling tile & octagon window???

southerngalinnyc
12 years ago

It's been a year... and I haven't rid myself of this pink & green monster that has been haunting me... Its been so long I seem to have lost my original post... So apologies to those of you who have seen this mess before... but I am asking a different question now.

This bathroom is... shall we say 'efficient'... (6.7' x 6.8)

So... I need your assistance in figuring out what floor to ceiling tile to use to tile around this octagon shaped window. (the window is 24" wide and each side is ~ 8": including the frame its 29" wide)

From lovely pink and green 2nd floor bath in all its glory

One of the many issues is that the tub/shower tile area cuts into the frame of the window. (and that's a 30" wide tub)

So I feel like the only way to solve for that is to tile the entire wall floor to ceiling. Because of both the shape and pattern of the window, I am very unsure about what kind and size of tile to use to avoid things getting too busy and conflicting sight lines.

I don't plan on tiling the wall on the left with the sink and toilet.

The house is a 1930s colonial. I want to go with white, or marble (but I think that could be worse from a business perspective)

I will put a wooden frame around the window.

Any thoughts on size or style and/or what you think is a definite "no-no" greatly appreciated.

(or if you have any ideas on how to avoid having to tile the whole wall, please bring them on.)

Here's the layout for the bath... desperate for a good looking 19" deep vanity too...

Thanks in advance ya'll!

Comments (10)