SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamer_2008

Duties of a General Contractor

dreamer_2008
15 years ago

Hi,

I'm having a house built and we are hoping to move in next month but I have some questions about my general contractor. He has been on site 1 out of every 3 days. When I hired him he verbally said he would be onsite for the project and wouldn't work on any other projects. He has taken on other projects so instead of a full crew of 5 people, there are on average 3 people working which is causing the house to be delayed. He also doesn't have a project schedule. Everything seems to be in his head. He said he has to take the other jobs so he can pay his workers. MY bank pays him at the end of each month when he submits a draw. I'd like to fire him and get someone else to finish the project. We have the heating, electrical, drywall, and finish work to be completed. Am I too close to fire him? Is there a way to fire him without ending up in court? Any advice would be great? Maybe its normal for the GC not to be on the job but I thought that is what I hired him for. I live on site so the subs come ask me or one of his workers if they have questions.

Comments (7)