SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_silva

Searching for plan, where to begin?

Melissa Silva
10 years ago

Hey everyone,

My husband and I are in the very beginning stages of building our dream/forever home. And by beginning, I mean we don't have a lot or builder or anything yet, just starting to look at plans to keep for later when we are ready to move forward. The thing is, I'm really picky, and I know exactly what I want for my next home. I'm just having a really hard time finding a plan that fulfills all these needs. Here is a list of my must haves:

Country home/farm house style - something that feels like an older home (we plan on using alot of reclaimed materials, etc) - don't want brick (just siding and maybe a bit of stone and some cedar shingles)

Wraparound or deep front porch

Large country kitchen with enough space for a large (like 8 foot island) in the centre

Walk-in pantry

Butler's pantry

Sunroom off the kitchen or breaktfast area or living

Formal dining room

View to the family room with fireplace from the kitchen

Central foyer layout

Mudroom

Main floor den/office near the family room (for my husband who works alot from home)

All bedrooms including master upstairs

Bedroom level laundry

At least 4, preferably 5 bedroom

I'm thinking this is going to have to be a complete custom plan?? Does anyone know of any plans off the top of their head that maybe has alot of these features that we can use as a starting point? It's overwhelming looking at ALL the plans out there!!

Thanks so much!! :)

Comments (9)