SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

10 days remaining; punch list questions

Lil B
13 years ago

Our build has gone fairly well. There's been some complaints about how they handled a granite mis-alignment issue and the wood floors (previously posted about these here). Wood floors issue is not resolved at the moment.

My questions for forum readers now are:

On the punch list walk through meeting (likely to happen end of this next week), what items are reasonable?

1) They have already tried to "coach" us by saying that we will walk the job together and it will likely take 1.5 hrs. I said "No, I think it will take more like 3 hours".

2) They have "coached" us by saying that you have to see flaws by 20 feet away per the TRCC (a standard they are using).

3) They have told us that they will be coming back to our house months from now, as not everything will be found in the punch list meeting, since we are not living there yet.

4) We have splatter-drag wall texture. There are several areas where this is overspray from something where the texture is not consistent and they painted over it. Is this too picky?

5) On my Rojo Alicante marble tub deck, I just noticed a crack in the marble (front edge about 4" in length). There were 2 intentional seams. Can I demand a complete replacement, or is a "fix" acceptable?

6) Other general comments on how to draw the line with reasonableness. I know that no home is perfect, but at only 1 week away, I see so many flaws now!

The painters are coming this week after the electricity gets turned on. I expect to start making my list as they finish areas. Any words of advice on what to look for is greatly appreciated. I've really liked our job super., but now he is making me feel like I'm overly picky. I visit the house once or twice per day. He tells me that most of their clients only visit once or twice per week. I would just like some reassurance, that I'm not crazy!

Comments (7)