SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
badin_gw

please see what we may have overlooked

badin
16 years ago

Dh and I are starting to plan for our next, and hopefully last, house. We've been assuming that we'd build a close replica of a former much-loved house, for which we still have plans. But I recently found a plan online that dh likes more:

www.houseplansplus.com/plans/details/HPP_plan_321.html

It's also on ultimateplans.com, # 151060. (I just realized there isn't a link thingy at the bottom for a first post the way there is for follow-ups.)

There are a few changes we'd like to make, such as:

1) eliminate the bumped out bay in the master bedroom, place two windows near the corners like on the side wall

2) eliminate the door from the bedroom to the patio, and maybe replace with a window

3) rework the master bathroom...dh loves the concept of a his-and-hers bathroom, while I'd prefer one larger shower that could be wheelchair accessible

4) make sure that all doors are 36 inches wide

5) add one or more of the spider-type solar tubes (the kind that have one roof penetration for 4 or 5 room "lights")

That's about all so far. It will be our retirement home. Between the two of us, we have a dozen siblings so we want enough room for get-togethers. We hope to have grandchildren visit one day, too. We plan to install a pool, as we really miss the one we had over a decade and several houses ago.

Is there anything that jumps out at you and makes you wonder, how could someone live with that?! While the next house should be our "forever" home, I've said that before so I don't want to build something that no one else would consider buying.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (13)