SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brendamc_gw

Enclosed Electric Towel Warmer?

15 years ago

I've asked this on the Bathrooms forum without much luck - maybe what I want is impossible, but...

To the left of our shower entrance in a 48" wall space. I am sick of wet towels lying over bathtubs & our new shower is a floor to ceiling walk-in, so no glass to throw over (which is probably a blessing...). I need towel storage AND a drying/preferably warming rack. Our carpenter will build anything & what I am envisioning is a not very deep floor to almost ceiling cabinet, with a built-in free standing drying rack/towel warmer below (I had them put in an electrical outlet) & shelves above. I imagine I could put in some type of not really transparent decorative screening on the front of the doors for air circulation & could also leave the side of the cabinet open, as it faces a wall & it only about 4" away from it, so not visible.

I have contacted various towel warmer companies & no one it endorsing a towel warmer in cabinet for saftey reasons. Has anyone done this successfully and with what brand, or do you have any suggestions?

Comments (10)