SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacobseric

Towel warmer/towel rack questions

jacobse
14 years ago

We're moving along on our guest bath remodel, and the master bath remodel is coming up fast. Today's planning issue of the day: where to put our towels, and whether to have an electric towel warmer. I've read some of the past threads, but have a few questions, especially for those who have towel warmers...

* Although I know they don't use a huge amount of electricity, I can't envision leaving them on all the time for just my wife and I using towels once each morning. I know they can be put on a timer, and I was thinking about a timer which just turns off after a pre-set time -- but I'm wondering how quickly they warm up? If the first person into the bathroom in the morning flips the warmer on, is 10-15 minutes enough to warm a towel reasonably? Or does it need to be on for a lot longer to achieve the desired warm towel effect?

* Can two towels hanging on the same warmer get toasty if they overlap on the warmer? And if not, how do people do it? The warmers I'm looking at have effective space of about 16" wide and 30" tall; a bath towel folded in half in both directions takes up about 14"x20", so it seems there's not enough space for two towels unless one partially hangs over the other. Or do you warm one towel at a time? (I don't think I have space for one of the really tall warmers which might resolve this issue; I definitely don't have room, or budget, for two towel warmers!)

* And the big question: after use, do you hang your wet towels back on the warmer and leave them there until the next day, thus making your towel warmer and towel rack one and the same? Or do you have a separate rack or hook where you hang your damp towels. We're ending up without a lot of open wall space, so having towel rack(s) in addition to a warmer probably isn't going to work. I've read that many people find hanging their wet towels on the warming rack dries them and prevents the towels from developing a mildew oder after a few days -- which sounds great to me. But if we'd have to overlap towels on the warmer/towel rack, is that a plus or a minus?

Thanks in advance for any advice, hints or experience!

-- Eric

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES