SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suewoman

Larger Griddle or More Burners on 48' Range?

suewoman
15 years ago

Hi There - I am looking for last minute opinions as we need to order our appliances this week. We have decided on a Wolf DF 48" range. Currently have selected 6 burners with a griddle. The debate is whether to do 4 burners with a double griddle.

For those of you with griddles, is the single large enough for pancakes for a family of 4 without multiple shifts? Breakfast potatoes, sauteed shrimp or fried rice without it falling over the edge? Several quesadillas at once? Our current kitchen set up is terrible (very tiny 12 year old builder grade GE electric stove with only 3 working crooked burners)...we have never done alot of cooking in it, even though we love to cook, so do not know what to expect. I am hoping for some experienced opinions on this. We have never had a griddle either and our 2 children are young, so we are just getting into the "fun" weekend family breakfasts/dinners, etc.. I did a search and found some great pros on having 6 burners...such as more space for larger pot clearance, holiday cooking flexibility and a parking spot for completed items, but was wondering if that outweighs griddle size. I would greatly appreciate opinions. This forum is a wealth of information. BTW, as noted, we have 2 girls (4 years and 6 months), tend to eat very healthy (thus the lack of experience with pancakes, bacon, quesadillas, etc...) and would probably use the griddle for the splurge breakfasts/dinners and maybe more. We DO plan to use it!We live in a warm climate so can grill year round, thus no grill option. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comments (10)