SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julievarg

Help with 48" range top with griddle!

julievarg
7 years ago

Hi there, I have been searching the forums for info about 48" range tops and am having a hard time finding something recent. We are doing a major kitchen remodel and are looking to put in a 48" range top with a griddle. (separate double ovens) Trying to narrow it down and filter thru reviews is mind numbing. Here is what I do know: we definitely want the griddle ( I use a portable griddle almost every day for heating tortillas, making quesadillas, grilled cheese, pancakes, etc etc). A single griddle will just be fine, so that would mean 6 burners I believe. I don't need a grill as we live in TX and can step right outside and grill year round. I cook a lot and a nice low simmer burner would be great but not sure I need more than one. We live 2 hours from Dallas in a small city so our choices are pretty limited. One store only sells Wolf, Thermadore, Viking, Jenn-air and Kitchenaid. The Wolf is crazy expensive and I'm not sure we need to spend that much for an excellent range top? We are very willing to go look and purchase in Dallas if that is best to be able to see more brands. Open burners/closed burners/btu's/ PRICES/mixed reviews all have my head spinning. Can anyone help me to start narrowing the choices and share what they have bought recently within the past few years and are loving. Or what you don't like? (For a frame of reference I have been cooking on a Kitchenmaid 30" gas cooktop with 4 burners for about 10 years now). Thank you so much!

Comments (14)