SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fmyr6

Blue Star 48" - 6 + griddle, 8 , or 4 + French top?

fmyr6
10 years ago

Hi. Finishing up new home build, and I have to make the final call on my rangetop. The spot is cut for a 48" Blue Star rangetop so that's the brand and size we're going.

What I'm debating is 6 burners and a griddle vs. 8 burners vs. 4 burners and a French top.

I have a griddle pan (that has been used maybe 6 times in 10 years) and a countertop panini press/griddle (that is used primarily for sandwiches, but has been used for pancakes twice, bought it maybe 3 years ago).

I currently have 4 burners, but the vent is in the middle so I rarely have spacing issues. I do have 4 pots going at once sometimes, and at times have actually thought through what I was cooking to avoid needing a 5th pot.

I debated a Lacanche for weeks before deciding I felt safer with wall ovens and my toddler and deciding I really wanted space for more baking. I was intrigued by the idea of a French top as a means for making delicate sauces, and frankly, having multiple pots going on low to medium heats.

I know this is really a matter of preference and cooking style, but how do you know about FT until you have one. I also like the idea of being able to use a griddle pan across the back instead of having it right down the middle.

Comments/experiences welcome. Thanks.

Comments (6)