SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrajo

BlueStar Platinum 48 or RNB 48 range?

Terra Sandoval
5 years ago

I know that this discussion is probably already on here somewhere and I'm sorry in advance for being repetitive. I have read a lot of them but I am still wondering if the $2000 difference between the two is worth it? Is the difference between the 22 & 25k btu burners that noticeable? Is the PowR oven very superior to the one in the RNB?

Im also considering adding a griddle. Pros/Cons between the removable one in the Platinum and an integrated one? Im not worried at all about an integrated one using up two of my burner spaces permanently. Since its a 48", 6 burners is more than enough. I currently have an old 36" Viking rangetop that is 10+ years old and has an integrated grill. I hate hate hate the grill and rarely use it at all. I've often wished I could retrofit it with a griddle, but was told by Viking this wasn't possible. I will be so happy to throw this dumb Viking to the curb! Anyway, I know I would use the griddle daily.

I am hoping that the many wise and knowledgeable BS owners can help me out. Thank you all!

Comments (11)