SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stanza30

Our house building update

stanza30
16 years ago

Kateskouros was asking me about the Nichiha's siding on the Kitching forum, so I thought I should bring it over to this forum where it belongs. But her question also gives me an opportunity to update you on our progress (or as some would say - our lack of progress.)

Kate - I did see a sample of the grey and actually thought it would be a nice color for our house, since it is a very traditional color for the NE. However, my husband insisted on the Redwood color. He loves the red color in everything. Our kitchen cabinets, the floors and as I said the siding. I swear, I really think he wanted to marry a redhead! I can't tell you what it will eventually look like on a house, since there aren't many houses in our area with this siding. But I say go for it.

As to our progress, well that's another story. We broke ground at the end of May 2006, and we are getting close. But the painters have been so streatched between jobs that they usually only have two guys working at our house, and they haven't been here for the last two days. I estimate that they only have a few more days inside to finish up and then start on the outside. We are getting the a/c hooked up now. The electricians have a few more things to do. We had to redo our stone wall after heavy rains disturbed our back hill. Cha ching. But my contractor found a fantastic landscaper who is very hardworking and very fairly priced (and I would be more than happy to recommend him to anyone in our area - Fairfield County, CT.) We have our plants and they will be planted as soon as the wall is done. Our contractor had a great idea to change the driveway entrance, so we are now working on that idea.

So I took some pictures of the exterior yesterday. It was a bit cloudy.

And a few interior shots...

Joan

Comments (29)