SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponydoc_gw

Update on our build.

ponydoc
15 years ago

I was hoping to post some very polished wonderful pics of our home by now. HA!

We have been in for about 4 months. It's wonderful - I can't tell you home much it's improved our daily lives - as much as any house can.

BUT we still aren't done and have come to a standstill for the time being. UGH. Our contractor is wrapped up in another job. We are waiting on our freakin' bank to close our construction loan so we can decide how we are going to pay for the overages ( which are fairly small but still there). We were possibly going to do a refi with the low interest rates but for some reason our "one time" close construction loan, supposed to close automatically on March 1st, has yet to close. Repeated calls to construction lending have yielded a letter that states we will eventually get the closing material in the mail. Meanwhile I get the monthly interest statement with the note on it "your loan has matured, please call immediately". And I call and get the same story. We are kind of paralyzed until we close. Our bank has been sold and merged while our build went on. Our builder is convinced if we stick with them they will eventually lose our whole file! LOL

Meanwhile we debated about using some of our emergency monies to just get the house done while we wait on the damn bank....

Thank goodness we did not. Two weeks ago our well went dry. As some of you may recall we built on our existing farm, we used our old ( previously very good well) for our build. We had great water and excellent pressure. So we were shocked when it went dry. It was an 80 year old well and only about 60 feet deep. We have had significant building and lake building in our area so it's not completely shocking.

So in the last week we had to drill again ( after a protracted fight with the health dept) and redig all lines to the barns.

I had tamed the mud and planted grass... and it was looking great. We are back to mud everywhere.

So hopefully more grass, a closing, porch railings, gutters and a little landscaping and I will be willing to share some outdoor pics.

Inside it's looking pretty good. Lots of trim painting left but the pictures are getting hung, new furniture and rugs getting done, plantation shutters installed this week.

This last push seems to be the hardest.....

PD

Comments (3)