SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

? about photobucket and claim of new trojan horse

littleonefb
15 years ago

this post appeared on the wintersowing forum today. does anyone know if it is true. I know that had a problem in January but I can't find any new info about a new trojan horse on photobucket in the past week.

Thanks in advance for any info

Fran

This is the post that appeared today 4/22/09

I picked up a trojan horse a week ago on photobucket- if you have an account beware.

My conputer still not useable so I might not be around for a while. I'm posting now from my husband's laptop. But this virus is a trojan horse that you don't want. My husband has antivirus software, malware, firewalls running on both computers all the time so don't assume that you are safe and protected on photobucket.

second post by the same member

I use photobucket all the time and virus programs are always running. It would have been detected before now.

It was obvious when it hit. The only other window I had open was this forum, then when I opened photobucket- bam!

I wanted to warn my friends here because I know many use photobucket. As I said that PC is not useable and it won't connect to the internet either. Service guy from the internet provider was here today and said it's the computer. It might be a goner.

This laptop is working now but it's my husband's and I don't generally use it.

Does anyone have an email address to report this to photobucket? I won't click on their site and risk yet another expensive computer.

Comments (19)