SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sniffdog

Cost of gate pillars

sniffdog
15 years ago

I need to install an automatic gate to keep the nosey neighbors off my property. They don't even stop by to introduce themselves - they just come hurling down the driveway, look around, and then leave. It is driving us nuts!

Can anyone give me a rough cost for gate pillars like the one shown in the link which I got from another GW thread on this subject entitled "Automatic Gates". In that thread there were costs for the gates & parts, but not the pillars.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Allison0704/New%20House/Landscaping/FinishedGate005.jpg

My pillars will not support the weight of the gate - so they will just be ornamental. I would like to use a cinderblock inner core with veneer thin stone on the face (which is what we have on our house.) Looking for ball park total costs of materials & labor. I found a local who gave me a rough cost of $3000 for 2 - but I would have to provide the stone, he provides everything else. I want to know if this is reasonable. I live in the Northern VA area.

Also, I found an on-line source for the gate and posts at www.amazinggates.com. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has ordered a gate from them or can recommend another on-line store we should look at.

Thanks

Comments (2)