SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shimjm

Final Decisions for new kitchen... Bluestar, Miele, Dacor

shimjm
16 years ago

I would appreciate any input. I am looking for the best of all worlds for my cooking and cleanup appliances. I don't use a microwave and I want to prepare tasty and healthy home cooked meals. The kitchen will be in a great room and I want quiet and concealed appliances (custom panel).

Bluestar 36" RNB Range:

Is the broiler enough for searing meat or should I also purchase the counter top salamander? Can I broil with the door closed? Also is the salamander very smoky like the charbroilers? (I don't have space for overkill...)

Did Bluestar resolve the hot door issues? I have toddlers... Also under the stove is that very hot?

Ventilation: Ventahood liner 900 CFM is that enough? Is it the quietest? How wide 42" enough? and deep?

Single wall oven for my baking needs: Miele MasterChef 30' self clean or Dacor Epicure Discovery ? Which is quieter? Any hot to the touch issues with these?

Additional "gadget" Miele Steam oven for veggies fish etc?

Dishwasher: Thermador 9 cycle, SHV99A13 Bosch Integra 800 or Miele Optima series? Which is quieter? Which dries better?

Refrigeration: Kitchen Aid 48" Architect series with no dispenser or???

Thanks for all the feedback. I am looking to avoid problems and to really get the superior cooking capabilities available today. Please feel free to gush if you use something frequently and love it!

Comments (19)