SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelntx_gw

Does anyone have/had Alder cabinets? Hickory?!

kelntx
16 years ago

Our builder told us today we need to start looking at cabinets and make a decision in the next two to three weeks. He suggested hickory to us a few months back but today he said he went with knotty alder in his home he is building now. I have never heard of Alder before but I have been looking it up on the internet this evening. I really like the look of it but I am unsure of the knotty. I have not been able to find very many pictures. Our builder is building his home and said we can come over and look at their kitchen. I just was wondering if anyone has every had it in their kitchens/baths and if so what did you think? My fear is I am going to go to his house and not like it!! LOL!

From what our builder has told us it is a soft wood and that is about all I am getting from the internet as well. I LOVE the look of hickory so I would love to get your comments on either wood! I think we would be going with either a natural look or a very light stain since the floors and counter tops will be darker. I guess our goal is to try to keep the look of the house very natural and simple, if that makes sense?!? Heck I don't know what I want! A cold drink on a white sandy beach sounds good right about now!!

Thanks everyone :-)

Kelly

Comments (23)