SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickied_gw

Does anyone old Old Hickory Tannery sofa or chair?

chickieD
10 years ago

I'm a new member but I read here all the time. I hope you can help me. I am getting ready to purchase several pieces of furniture, the most important of which is a sofa or sectional.

I'm in my 40s and I want something nice because I hate buying cheap stuff and then having it not function. I have 3 cats (2 getting older with the occasional bladder and kidney problems) and my family is outsdoorsy and not at all the type to do a lot of fancy entertaining. We have a very small home and live in every room, so this couch is not a show piece but one I am interested in using every day.

Everything I read about sofas says to look for 8 way hand tied and hardwoods, and what I can find about Old Hickory Tannery is that it is considered very good quality. I have seen some reasonable prices on Neiman Marcus (Horchow), but cannot find any discussion anywhere on the Internet where someone actually owns one of these sofas. To me the price is pretty similar to some lesser qualify furniture, and the look is really different; however, I'd like to hear someone's actual experience with this brand.

My other option is Bassett. I own some of their pieces and have been pleased with them for the price. They can customize a sofa for me so another option is to use them for inspiration. The advantage to using them is that they have a designer that can work with me to help me figure out what will work in tiny space and who knows the selection of fabrics.

Comments (23)