SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faye2_gw

induction cookware

faye2
13 years ago

Could someone recommend a a brand/type of cookware they have used on their induction cooktop that they really liked and why? I have heard that All Clad and Beligigue are good but that is all I know. I am particularly interested in finding a good non stick saute pan. Thanks!

Comments (20)

• chac_mool
    13 years ago

FWIW, I like the looks (and feel) of Scanpan's CTX line of induction nonstick cookware, esp. their saute pan with lid, and am leaning toward getting one.

But apparently it can hum or buzz with (at least some) induction burners -- look for other threads here about that. I understand heavier, cast iron pans are less prone to making such noises.

Ikea has a fairly inexpensive line of cookware that is reportedly good for induction; I forget if their stuff is nonstick, but remember it seemed OK.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scanpan CTX saute, at Chefs

• numbersjunkie
    13 years ago

Check out Tramontina (try-ply clad) from Walmart. Lots of people have posted on that before and seem to love it, especially for the price.

Also, I've seen some very nice induction ready cookware at Ikea.

• Related Discussions

OT - induction cookware bargains today!

Q

Comments (0)
    I did post this on the 101 thread, but for anyone looking, two nice WMF sets are going cheap on close out at Sierra Trading Post today. Sign up for Deal Flyer and you might get 40-50% off the bigger set. COOKWARE STP is where I scored my WMF Function Four, and could not be more pleased.
    ...See More

Induction Cookware -- Cuisinart MCP vs. Lagostina Axia

Q

Comments (3)
    I have the Cuisinart set and do like it. The handles are a dream compared to the All Clad. They do tend to get scratches in the bottom of the pan unfortunately despite never using metal utensils in them. I also have an All Cald 12" skillet and use that for larger items. I find the AC does cook slightly better, and is easier to clean. But as you mentioned, that handle design ruins it for me so it doesn't get used nearly as much.
    ...See More

Your favorite induction cookware

Q

Comments (58)
    Buzzing coming from using the dishwasher makes no sense. Neither does warping. Very thin pans warp with heat. Some are designed to do that, and some cheap ones just do. Your cooking will be hotter than the DW. As Gooster said, warping can also come from thermal issues, but a DW shouldn't create that kind of tension. It would break the dishes too.
    ...See More

Recommended induction cookware?

Q

Comments (34)
    I am new to induction cooking on my Bosch. I bought 2 all clad H4 ‘frying pan’ style, a Demeyere Industry small saucepan, and a Tramontina pasta/stock pot. I already had a cast iron Dutch oven type pan, 2 cast iron skillets and a cast iron griddle. I also bought a Cast iron wok. Love the H4 pans, they cook and clean up beautifully, tho it should be noted they are non stick. I find the Demeyere is buzzy and hard to clean. The Tramontina is buzzy, but was so reasonably priced at Wal Mart, no complaints. It too is hard to get that spotless look. Love the cast iron. Def not buzzy at all and of course cooks perfectly. I hate the the cast iron wok for the obvious weight reason. It is too shallow for my wok cooking preference. Any suggestions for woks???
    ...See More
  • turtleshope
    13 years ago

We have been using a Tramontina from Walmart (pasta) pot, and the 365 from Ikea (a casserole-shaped pot), and a Culinary Arts pot from my local cookware store. They are fine. Also a Lodge cast-iron fry pan is working well but does stick some -- we should probably season it again.

Didn't notice any non-sticks when shopping but I wasn't looking for that. I'm a little suspicious of the coatings.

Make sure you have a magnet when you shop! The better it sticks to the bottom, the better your satisfaction with it.

• oskiebabu
    13 years ago

The best induction cookware I have used are made by the German company Fissler. They have a fry pan collection called the Ultimate Steelux Set which is comprised of an 11" Crispy Steelux pan for high temperature cooking (such as steaks), an 11" Protectal Steelux pan (which is the best non-stick pan I have ever used), a great Steel Splatter Shield (which can clip on either pan), and a plastic spatula.

Fissler's other pots and pans are also excellent, as are their pressure cookers---and all are great with induction and are guaranteed to remain perfectly flat.

Greg

• warmfridge
    13 years ago

For non-stick, I like All-Clad SS, and also Berndes Coquere which is less expensive. LeCreuset tri-ply stainless is also a favorite.

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

We have Emerilware (made by all-Clad) that we got for our wedding registry 4 years ago. I am very happy with its performance, and it has held up just fine. It's onsale now at Macy's including a cast iron grill pan for $199, so it's a great deal.

For nonstick, I have an Infinite Circulon large skillet that came through Samsung. It is good, but it does tend to hum more. I also have a small Greenpan nonstick. I haven't really used one that much. I also recently bought a LeCreuset grill pan in cobalt blue because I had a GC from C&B.

• faye2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your postings. I thought the Tramontina from Walmart looked really good and if I decide I need another sauce pan I will try one of those. Unfortunately they didn't have a non stick saute or frying pan.

The Fissler fry pan set looks fantastic and to hear it is the best non stick pan Oskiebabu has ever used was enough to sell me! I jwill ust have to wait to recover financially from the kitchen renovation before I can purchase those.

In the meantime I found a Wolfgan Puck 18/10 stainless silicone based non stick omelet pan with Tri-ply capsule bottom at Marshalls that looks and feels good but have never heard any comments about it.

I also found a Calphalon Tri ply stainless steel omelet pan that looks great but is not considered non stick. I have not had good luck in the past with other pans unless they had a nonstick coating.

The last two finds were a cool Wok by Circulon and an 8 inch skillet by Oneida.

I have not bought or tried any of them yet so any info you have on any of them or any others you have used would be greatly appreciated, and especially if there were any problems with food sticking to the pans. Thanks again for your comments. I will never go out shopping again without my magnet. You just never know!

• chac_mool
    13 years ago

Oskiebabu, where is Fissler's cookware sold other than online?

I looked at Kitchen Kaboodle, Sur la Table, Williams-Sonoma, a local cookware store, and Macys -- none of them had it, out here.

I'm leery of buying something like this without being able to see and feel it somewhere.

• lolog72
    13 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with Le Creuset's 3 ply stainless on induction? I know they're known for their enamel cast iron. There's a new set on my local CL and after spending so much on the remodel I'm looking to save. It kills me that I have about $1200 worth of all-clad ltd that won't work on my new induction cooktop. I seriously considered buying another radiant just so I could avoid buying new cookware.

• jpreisman
    13 years ago

Switched to induction about a month ago and am very glad I did. All of my saute pans, French skillets, saucier, etc. were All-Clad stainless but I bought 4 (1-4qt) LeCreuset stainless saucepans and an enamel on steel 12 qt stockpot. They all work just fine. And, I admit, I like the LeCreuset handles better than the All-Clad but that is a matter of personal preference.

• oskiebabu
    13 years ago

I think Fissler pots and pans are only sold through various online outlets. It is widely sold in Europe, but I don't think they have any standard retail outlets in the USA.

They are fairly heavy and superbly crafted cookware. I would try one fry pan, either the non-stick or regular and see how you like it. Personally I think their steelux collection of 2 fry pans (both regualr and non-stick) with the stainless splatter proof guard are great and worth a try.

Greg

• warmfridge
    13 years ago

Love my LeCreuset tri-ply stainless. I think it's as good if not better than All-Clad stainless. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

• texaskitchentoo
    13 years ago

we have a set of Circulon Infinite non-stick. It is aluminum with a steel disk bonded to the bottom. This type of construction is more prone to humming. The reason I picked this set was because it included a griddle (round), was dishwasher safe (but we tend to hand wash), had lids, and is also non-stick on the outside which makes for very easy clean up. I'm not too worried about the non-stick. Some are, it is your choice. The pans just don't get that hot using induction. When boiling water in a pot and using my non-contact IR heat sensor the outside of the pot was 212F. At very high temps, 450F and above the non-stick can give off gas products that can be dangerous to birds if you have them.

We also have a chantal enamel pan. It heats and cools more quickly than the Circulon and is fairly non-stick. This pan is silent.

If I were to get a new pan I'd go with the Tramontina. They feel of same or even better quality to All-clad. There is a difference between the tri-ply and steel so make sure you are looking at the fully clad pan.

We also have the Chantal kea kettle. Great buy! Boils quickly and the train whistle is cool.

• dancingcook
    13 years ago

My brother gave me a set of Costco (Kirkland) pots for a big b'day. They work very well on my induction range, though they (or the range) "hum" a bit. I have also bought several Berhnde's from Home Goods at great prices, which work better, faster, quieter than the Costco pots. With my range (Kenmore induction) came a wonderful Kenmore non-stick fry pan which works amazingly. I haven't seen them anywhere for sale, though. The ones at Ikea look and feel terrific, but I just couldn't justify buying even 1 more little pot :)

• carguy60
    13 years ago

We have had induction now for 3 years.
    We found some DeMeyere pans that are very nice.
    But they are not non-stick.

Swiss Diamond pans are terrific, but you have
    to be careful to specify the induction version of their pans.

We found Tivoli pans at Homegoods. and
    they are good and less expensive.

Like the Swiss Diamond the most.

John

• texaskitchentoo
    13 years ago

There is a nice affordable new set of cookware by that Marcus guy (whoever the heck he is). Looks like competition to the Tramontina tri-ply but has a mix of SS and no-stick pans. I've never seen it but it is very affordable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marcus's Pots and Pans

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    13 years ago

I have a 12" All Clad non-stick from Williams-Sonoma that is almost a year old and still performs beautifully (it was not cheap though).

I also have the Kenmore 10" non-stick (SS outside) skillet that came with my range -- nice pan, but starting to stick a little after 9 months.

Lastly, I have a Farberware Classic 3 Quart "saucepot" that I like a lot.

It is a little more challenging to find non-stick cookware for induction but not impossible.

• faye2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have found a Calphalon SS omelets pan, a Tramontina SS tri-ply saute pan, and a Sarriette SS fry pan that are induction compatible and all are reasonably priced. None of them are nonstick and I would like to know if they season nicely so omelets, fried eggs, fish, and sauted veggies can be easily done without having to use a lot of oil to keep it from sticking. I plan to put the the Fissler set that oskiebabu recommended on my Birthday and Christmas wish list but will need something to get me started in the meantime. I really don't want to buy anything, no matter how reasonable if there is a problem with the food sticking. Thanks for all the previous postings. They have been really helpfu!

• marj24
    13 years ago

I love this forum!! Y'all know your pans : ) I've tried several of the ones you're talking about after finding out about the toxic effects of Teflon. Calphalon, Swiss Diamond, and several others at friend's homes. The best induction non-stick pan is GreenPan, I'm sure of it now. Best surface, best price, best heat transfer on our induction stove. Enjoy!

• chefbecky
    13 years ago

I have a Berndes Tricion set and love it. Berndes is a mid-priced cookware but great quality for the price.