SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanka_gw

Stucco is the wrong color.(pix)Photoshop help, squirrelheaven?

susanka
16 years ago

I was going to post on here tonight and ask for help with front-door and garage door color. Now that I went over to the house I believe they stuccoed it the wrong color. I called the contractor. He said to look at the bags of stucco mix. I did, and they say the color on them that we ordered. I'm sure there's an error; I have the color sample sheet we were given, held it up to the house, and it seems quite different. We can live with this pinkish color, but it's almost the color of the house next door, and it's not what we wanted. It would be a huge deal if they have to take the stucco off and redo it, right? Does stucco get darker after it's been on a while?

Secondly, I'd like ideas about color for the front door and the garage door. The front door glass will have a custom etching on it. I'm thinking it and the garage door should be the same color as the trim or else the color of the steps, or maybe a shade or two darker than the color of the steps, but I'm open to other suggestions. The pillars look lighter on this pic, but they're not, they're the same as the rest of the stucco.

So does anyone have any ideas on these two separate questions? Thanks very much for all your help all these months. I'm tired. Many of you probably are too.

Comments (21)