SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Some updates on Wolf and Viking gas ranges

sayde
14 years ago

So many of you have patiently answered my questions. Today I called Viking and Wolf with some questions as I am still looking at the gas ranges and gas rangetops.

I asked Wolf about the AG range. The answer was that there were changes cut in at serial number 17,000,000. The changes were: the door gasket was moved from the door to the unit. The orifice sizes were changed. Something about the burner box shape was changed. All this was done to improve air flow. The rep said the problem occurred when the oven door was opened.

If you have an AG with a problem and a serial number higher than 17,000,000 I would really like to know.

I called Viking with several questions. First, I noticed that the "sure spark" was on the classic gas open burner ranges but not the rangetops -- what does it do and why? The answer is that it prevents all the burners from being sparked at once so reduces wear on the ignitors. They have not been put on the open burner rangetops because these products are going to be discontinued. And, the classic (black knob) open burner ranges will be discontinued by approximately year end. They will be replaced by the new custom series with the big silvery knobs. But right now if you want an open burner range, only the classic line offers it.

If anyone has anything to add to this I would sure appreciate it. Was getting real interested in the Viking 4-burner open burner rangetop and now backing away from that. Back to the 6-burner open burner Wolf rangetop, which, I believe has not had problems.

Comments (2)